UPSC NDA NA Syllabus 2018 | UPSC NDA NA Exam Pattern | Download UPSC NDA NA Syllabus PDF
UPSC NDA NA Syllabus 2018 : The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released examination notification titled as “UPSC NDA NA 2018” online through their official website.The UPSC NDA NA (National Defence Academy and Naval Academy) examination will be conducted twice in a year.As per reports huge number of candidates are registered for the UPSC NDA NA Exam 2018 across from the country.As given in official notification,the examination will be soon gonna conduct by the organization at various affiliated examination centers across the country.Here we are providing the UPSC NDA NA Exam Pattern 2018 & UPSC NDA NA Syllabus 2018 in detail in the given below web page.
- Name of the organization : Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
- Name of the examination : UPSC NDA NA Exam 2018
- Application mode : Online
- Category : Government
- Official website : www.upsc.gov.in
About NDA :- The National Defence Academy (NDA) is the Joint Services academy of the Indian Armed Forces, where cadets of the three services, the Army, the Navy and the Air Force train together before they go on to pre-commissioning training in their respective service academies. The NDA is located at Khadakwasla near Pune, Maharashtra. It is the first tri-service academy in the world.
Download UPSC NDA NA Exam Pattern 2018 – UPSC NDA NA Syllabus 2018 PDF :-
UPSC NDA NA Exam Pattern 2018 :- As we all know that,The UPSC NDA NA Exam 2018 will be conducted twice in a year.The main aim for all the applied candidates is to crack the examination and obtain a job.The candidates are advised to check the UPSC NDA NA Exam Pattern 2018 which is given below.By checking the examination pattern,The candidates can score better and candidates who are facing any problems can comment below.
The UPSC NDA NA Examination 2018 will be in objective mode and the examination consists of two papers such as paper I & paper II respectively.The first paper is of Mathematics (300 Marks).The second one is of General Ability (600 Marks).Exam will be organized in the duration of 2.5 hours.Candidates, who will qualify NDA NA Exam, will be called for SSB Test/ Interview, which will contain 900 marks.
|Paper||Number of Questions||Time||Marks|
|Paper I: Mathematics||120||2.5 Hours||300|
|Paper II: English & General Ability||150||2.5 Hours||600|
UPSC NDA NA Syllabus 2018 – UPSC NDA NA Syllabus PDF :-
UPSC NDA NA Syllabus 2018 – Mathematics (Algebra) :-
- Concept of set, operations on sets, Venn diagrams
- De Morgan laws
- Cartesian product, relation, equivalence relation
- Representation of real numbers on a line
- Complex numbers – basic properties, modulus, argument and cube roots of unity
- Binary system of numbers
- Conversion of a number in decimal system to binary system and vice-versa
- Arithmetic, Geometric and Harmonic progressions
- Quadratic equations with real coefficients
- Solution of linear in equations of two variables by graphs
- Permutation and Combination
- Binomial theorem and its application
- Logarithms and their applications.
UPSC NDA NA Syllabus 2018 – Mathematics (Statistics) :-
- Classification of data, Frequency distribution, cumulative frequency distribution – examples
- Graphical representation – Histogram, Pie Chart, Frequency Polygon – examples
- Measures of Central tendency – Mean, Median and Mode
- Variance and standard deviation – determination and comparison
- Correlation and regression
UPSC NDA NA Syllabus 2018 – Mathematics (Probability) :-
- Random experiment, outcomes and associated sample space, events, mutually exclusive and exhaustive events, impossible and certain events
- Union and Intersection of events. Complementary, elementary and composite events
- Definition of probability – classical and statistical – examples
- Elementary theorems on probability – simple problems
- Conditional probability, Bayes’ theorem – simple problems
- Random variable as function on a sample space
- Binomial distribution, examples of random experiments giving rise to Binominal distribution
UPSC NDA NA Syllabus 2018 – Mathematics (Matrices & Determinants) :-
- Types of matrices, operations on matrices
- Determinant of a matrix, basic properties of determinants
- Adjoint and inverse of a square matrix
- Applications – Solution of a system of linear equations in two or three unknowns by Cramer’s rule and by Matrix Method.
UPSC NDA NA Syllabus 2018 – Mathematics (Vector Algebra) :-
- Vectors in two and three dimensions, magnitude and direction of a vector
- Unit and null vectors, addition of vectors, scalar multiplication of vector, scalar product or dot product of two-vectors
- Vector product and cross product of two vectors
- Applications-work done by a force and moment of a force, and in geometrical problems.
UPSC NDA NA Exam Syllabus – Mathematics (Differential Calculus) :-
- Concept of a real valued function – domain, range and graph of a function
- Composite functions, one to one, onto and inverse functions
- Notion of limit, Standard limits – examples
- Continuity of functions – examples, algebraic operations on continuous functions
- Derivative of function at a point, geometrical and physical interpretation of a derivative – applications
- Derivatives of sum, product and quotient of functions, derivative of a function with respect of another function, derivative of a composite function
- Second order derivatives. Increasing and decreasing functions
- Application of derivatives in problems of maxima and minima
UPSC NDA NA Exam Syllabus – Mathematics (Integral Calculus & Differential Calculus ):-
- Integration as inverse of differentiation, integration by substitution and by parts, standard integrals involving algebraic expressions, trigonometric, exponential and hyperbolic functions
- Evaluation of definite integrals – determination of areas of plane regions bounded by curves – applications
- Definition of order and degree of a differential equation, formation of a differential equation by examples
- General and particular solution of a differential equation, solution of first order and first degree differential equations of various types – examples
- Application in problems of growth and decay.
UPSC NDA NA Exam Syllabus – Mathematics (Trigonometry) :-
- Angles and their measures in degrees and in radians
- Trigonometrical ratios
- Trigonometric identities Sum and difference formulae
- Multiple and Sub-multiple angles
- Inverse trigonometric functions. Applications – Height and distance, properties of triangles.
UPSC NDA NA Exam Syllabus – Mathematics (Analytical Geometry) :-
- Rectangular Cartesian Coordinate system
- Distance formula
- Equation of a line in various forms
- Angle between two lines
- Distance of a point from a line
- Equation of a circle in standard and in general form
- Standard forms of parabola, ellipse and hyperbola
- Eccentricity and axis of a conic
- Point in a three dimensional space, distance between two points
- Direction Cosines and direction ratios
- Equation of a plane and a line in various forms
- Angle between two lines and angle between two planes
- Equation of a sphere.
UPSC NDA NA Exam Syllabus – English :-
- Grammar and usage
- Comprehension and cohesion in extended text to test the candidate’s proficiency in English
UPSC NDA NA Exam Syllabus – General Knowledge :-
- General Science.
- Social Studies (History, Freedom Movement, etc).
- Current Events.
The candidates can download UPSC NDA NA Syllabus 2018 online through given below official link.
Official Link :- www.upsc.gov.in